Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kiss My Astronaut

“The Guest” 8 x 10”
acrylic, magazine collage, varnish on masonite

“The Guest” is one of several of my magazine collages created about four years ago that will be featured in my upcoming show with Jeff Sass at Concrete Ocean Art Gallery on Friday, March 19th. This one, along with a couple dozen others have been hiding in a box, never having been publicly shown for the last four years, so I was excited to frame them for my upcoming mixed media retrospective at Concrete, which will show several of my working methods in the last several years of painting in St. Louis.

“The Guest” is one of a several humorous pieces in the show; I enjoy watching people smile and laugh when they are looking at these, and always try to enjoy some humor wherever I can find it. There’s one in every crowd- the life of the party, the one wearing a lampshade. Sometimes it’s me; sometimes it’s you. Laughter is good medicine, speaking of which, be sure to catch my acoustic band, The Good Medicine Revival Show at Concrete Ocean on opening night, March 19th- Fun!

No comments: