Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


I ran across this hand turkey I made SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO! It's hard to believe it's been that long since my days teaching preschool while I attended the University. We all made these in Mr. Colin's class to hang on our cubbie slots- my name had been trimmed off mine at some point before it was tucked away in a sketchbook, so I pasted a new one on here for illustrative purposes. I never did fully pursue my education degree, moving to St. Louis instead to pursue my musical & artistic ambitions. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the time I spent with the little people- they taught me a great deal about life. I can still see their little faces in my mind, and hope that wherever they are, they have something to be thankful for and are with their families on the forthcoming holiday. Happy Thanksgiving-

No comments: