Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lost My Mind


I can no longer criticize Twitter for being pointless. I just sold "Lost My Mind" because someone discovered my chronically neglected ColinShawArt Twitter page. The poor man had to hunt me down because I never look at it- I need to pay more attention  :D   I made this 11 x 14" acrylic on masonite along with a matching piece, "Loving Cup", in 2006. I was working on masonite and plywood for quite awhile- like plywood,  masonite can be cut to any size, but fits better in the rabbet of an open back frame, weighs less, and sands smoothly for priming.

Below is the original rough from my sketchbook done in oil pastel and watered down acrylic. Removing the heart was a good move- it looks so much more disturbing, silent, and cold. I like the texture of the sketch though- the blood looks great! It kinda looks like a child drew it, and that's nice.


Thanks Mathius!
See more of my available works at my WORKS AVAILABLE page at Shawart.com   :)
email me if you are interested!

No comments: