Friday, February 24, 2012

The Visitor

"The Visitor" 2012
acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24"

We needed a final piece of the puzzle, so to speak, for the Dueling Minds show tonight. So on Wednesday night I whipped out this surreal-looking espresso-bean-invader-from-Mars thing that I just can't explain, LOL! It started off as simple, flat colors and shapes, and then got freakier as the evening got later  :D  This canvas will be featured in the room adjoining the main show, along with more of Dale and my individual works. Dale & I did a final walk-through with Bryan last night, and seeing all the paintings hung on the white walls under the gallery lights was really something- even better than I expected. Dale exceeded my expectations, and it was uncanny how so many of the pairings went together so well when put side by side. As I explained before, we chose titles to be painted on the same sized canvases, and went off separately to make the work. Seeing them together as we lined them along the floor last Sunday, it was bizarre how similar some of them were in color, shape, texture, or all three. So much fun! Come down to Concrete Ocean for the show tonight- Dale, Bryan, and I look forward to meeting you there    :)


DUELING MINDS: COLIN SHAW AND DALE WILKE
Opening Reception: Friday, Feb. 24th 2012 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Concrete Ocean Art Gallery
2257 S. Jefferson Avenue, at Shenandoah
Saint Louis, MO 63104
concreteoceanart.com
(314) 448-1796
(314) 497-0199

No comments: