Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nocturnal Neighborhood


More shots from my  moonlight adventure in late April, these featuring more of the street lights as the full moon  rose over the neighborhood. It's a supernatural thing to behold, and I can see why man has been mystified by it as long as we've looked in the night sky, assigning mythology and science fiction to this heavenly body circling our world. Imagine it's power, majesty, and mystery prior to our earliest understanding of astronomy. These photos were mostly dark and pretty blurry, and would normally be discarded by even myself, but began to take on an interesting character as I played with them in my photo editor- like that of a pastel drawing. The moon almost becomes a character in the scene, lurking out from behind the tree line and lighting up the sky.... 

No comments: