Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Burned Your Letter...



Some more guerilla poetry for you with a sketch from my private journal, People. Thanks again!
I burned your letter today…

I burned it in memory of all I built that you destroyed-
I burned it in celebration of all the great things I will achieve without your wrath.

I burned it to defy you-
I burned it to curse your vengeance.

I burned it for my new lover while she smiled with pride in me-
I burned it while you fell apart someplace far away.

I burned it to cauterize all those little cuts you left open-
I burned it to heal what you tried to break.

I burned it in the name of all that is good and true inside my heart-
I burned it to put rest to your blame and indignance.

I burned it on my knees to pardon your transgressions before your God and man-
I burned it with humility like a torch to light your path to come.

I burned it to demonstrate its inconsequence-
I burned it to help you transcend.

I burned it for the love of and belief in myself-
I burned it to show you how a real man treads this earth.

I burned it to impart the lesson no one ever taught you-
I burned it to show you how fearless and powerful I really am.

I burned it to feel your reminiscence singe my fingertips one last time-
I burned it to know that troubled feeling is forever gone now.

CM Shaw. August, 2008