Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Cry" and "Fallen"




Two more on cut carboard for you- “Cry” and “Fallen”. May I say that there are many varying types of this “substrate”- these two were made on a double thick variation with a softer, more paper-like surface, which was harder to cut with presicion, and difficult to staple down to my workboard with ¼” staples. They soaked up the paint and varnish like a sponge too, which made the colors really deep and “waffled” the surface a little more. I prefer the single-ply with stiffer covering, but I’m still pleased with them, “Cry” in particular. At some point I need to try to show some of these together if possible… like, out in public, with other people looking at them, wine and cheese, etcetera…

3 comments:

Tony Renner said...

gotta admit that i think of gumby when i look at "fallen"... yes, i am a dork....

Colin said...

Gumby?! Ha Ha Ha!

Naomi Silver said...

Cool stuff!