Monday, December 28, 2009

To Give Is To Receive


Another Christmas has come and gone- the older I get, the faster the holiday season seems to come and go. I personally created some of my gifts for loved ones again this year- the time and concentration spent on these little projects are a personal meditation on the recipient for me, our relationship, love, and shared memories play over and over in my mind during the long, late hours during the weeks I work on my gifts. A lot of folks whip out their credit card at North Face, Macy’s, or Ikea to give at this time of year, but I wanted to give a little something that doesn’t come with a gift receipt- a small part of myself. I am very grateful for my loving family- while I’m a nobody in the World of Art, they think I am (laughs) Pablo Picasso! Having them all together for a picture with their new paintings was the best gift a man could ever receive. I love you always- Charly, Mum, Myles, & El.


"Untitled" (four: pink, bronze, silver, and cobalt)2009
acrylic, mixed media on canvas
11 x 14"



1 comment:

Hilary said...

these are really lovely, Colin.

i made a lot of gifts this year too. none quite as pretty as these, though.

hope you are having good holidays!