Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fixed Heart


"Fixed Heart" 2003
aluminum, electrical cable, staples, acrylic and slver paint on cut 3/4" plywood approx. 11 x 14"


Was sorting out my Facebook page for SHAWART.COM tonight when I stumbled across this one from 2003, "Fixed Heart". A gal bought it at one of my shows in Springfield, MO at Randy Bacon back then. She had a daughter born with a heart defect, and it meant so much to her she wrote me the most sincere letter of appreciation...  it would have melted your heart. Folks say the nicest things to me occasionally- some very heartfelt reflections on what i painted. It honors me deeply, and I probably don't deserve any of it, but I felt glad it meant so much to someone.
CM Shaw
4/22/10

1 comment:

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I dropped by. I am very glad that your recent show went so well. And it is really touching that your Fixed Heart piece resonated so strongly with the buyer, especially given her daughter's history.