Saturday, May 29, 2010

CM Shaw at Urban Arts Collective- All Summer Long


This is a preview poster of my 3 month stint at Urban Arts Collective from July through September. I will make new paintings for each of my three "events", Sunday July 11th being the 1st. It will be a marathon summer full of painting- I hope to see you at one or more of my 3 introductions of the new work as it unfolds.... I am painting furiously. It's going to be a very productive summer...

You might have already noticed that we have moved SHAWART.COM to Facebook- I did this for a few reasons: it will be easier for me to put new work and events up myself, Facebook is extremely popular right now, there is no charge to host my work on this platform, and I wanted to peel away some of the less important work from the past and focus on the more recent paintings. I've made a lot of work over the years... sorting it out is sometimes more work than making it. TAKE A PEEK at my SHAWART.COM Facebook page- click the LIKE BUTTON and be a friend, OR suggest to a friend who likes art- I really appreciate it! Big props to Michael Dickens for the years of hard work making shawart.com happen- you are the best!

The general internet public will still have access to all my picture galleries on the "new site", and I have already put up an album of work that is still available for purchase- feel free to inquire, my contact info is on the site. I pretty much sold a painting for every day in the month this past April, so if you are waiting you might want to reconsider. That being said, I want to extend a BIG thank you to all my patrons past and present- when you take one home it enables me to keep making new work. I'd also like to thank Brett Steen at Avante Art, Bryan Pease at Concrete Ocean, Brad Voss at Cuba Lakes, and Pedro Abbate at Foundation Grounds for hosting my events of the last two years- when most all the galleries in St. Louis wouldn't give me the time of day, you instead saw opportunity and decided to believe in me. We moved a lot of canvases, and I could not have done it without you.

No comments: