Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Play Time

Untitled, 2010
mixed media collage on canvas
11 x 14"

I made a couple abstract collage pieces last week while I was taking a break from painting for my summer shows at Urban Arts Collective. I used magazine paper, acrylic paint and clear glue, which I later varnished heavily with clear gloss. They wont be going to my space at Urban Eats because they were just for fun/experimental and they don't fit the theme of the other work I'm doing all summer, but they are kinda far out :D

See the paintings from my show last Sunday at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SHAWARTCOM/118553604822321 or just pop by The Collective this Sunday, July 18th at 11:00 -2:00pm and see them in person- Tony Renner and I will be there with our work for his official opening.

Untitled, 2010
mixed media collage on canvas
11 x 14"

No comments: