Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alone In Love

"Alone In Love"
11 x 14"
acrylic on masonite
Feb. 2012

My pal said the other night that my art looks like Tarot card art, the symbols and figures bearing  deep emotional association. She'd probably say the board I painted late Monday night, "Alone In Love" (above), is a prime example. This one won't fit in with my work at the Dueling Minds show at Concrete Ocean this Friday night, but on a high from making so much work recently, I've had so many ideas I need to get out.  I did something here with the green that I had never done before and that's kinda fun.

From Wikipedia:
Carl Jung was the first psychoanalyst to attach importance to tarot symbolism. He may have regarded the tarot cards as representing archetypes: fundamental types of persons or situations embedded in the collective unconscious of all human beings. The theory of archetypes gives rise to several psychoanalytical uses. Since the cards represent these different archetypes within each individual, ideas of the subject's self-perception can be gained by asking them to select a card that they 'identify with'. Equally, the subject can try to clarify the situation by imagining it in terms of the archetypal ideas associated with each card. For instance, someone rushing in heedlessly like the Knight of Swords, or blindly keeping the world at bay like the Rider-Waite-Smith Two of Swords.

See more of my available works at my WORKS AVAILABLE page at Shawart.com :)
email me if you are interested!

No comments: