Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Depths

The Depths, CM Shaw
acrylic on canvas, 20 x 24"

The Depths, D. Wilke
acrylic on canvas, 20 x 24"

$150.00 each/$275.00 for the pair
Concrete Ocean Art Gallery
(314)497-0199

I spoke about this pairing from the Dueling Minds show in a previous post, but wanted to give you a closer look at each of them. As I said, it's easy to see the upward, unfurling movement in these canvases, not to mention the harmony of colors, including the highlight/foreground use of red paint. And though I'm pretty sure Dale wasn't trying to paint a seahorse in his canvas, when combined with my bubbly painting above there's a sort of quasi-aquatic thing going on here that's undeniable in my eyes. While they are unique, they compliment each other well, and would make great companion peices in the same room.

Come see the show at our closing reception at Concrete Ocean, March 30th from 7:00-11:00 PM!



See more of my available works at my WORKS AVAILABLE page at Shawart.com :)
email me if you are interested!


No comments: